Thread: Karma ?
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 06:54   #80
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Well this thread has to win the award for the most antisocial discussion ever in the club. It has successfully managed to upset and alienate virtually every social and political group and seems to have brought out the very worst in those contributing.

Swearing, antisocial, racist, homophobic, disrespectful, and violent comments abound. Quite frankly I’m disgusted by this thread.

I was contacted by a key contributor to ask that it be cleaned up of off topic content or deleted wholesale, but I’m not going to do that. It’s all far too convenient to have a late night keyboard rant perhaps with a large bottle of something by your side (who knows) and then just request that the whole thing be wiped away afterwards.

The only way people will respect others on these boards and have them be respected back is by realising that you are what you type.

If you are going to regret reading back what you have written, then don’t type it in the first place.

Self moderation is the best approach and it’s something everyone should be practicing when at their keyboards.

This sorry excuse for a thread is going to be locked but not swept under the carpet.

Certain members would do well to watch their P’s and Q’s from this point on if they wish to remain a part of this community.

If we had an antisocial forum I’d move it to there, unfortunately the closest we have is the social one.

We don’t want or need to read this sort of bile on the 75 & ZT Owners Club forums. Use social media or other platforms please and don’t taint this fine car club further in this way.

Thank you.