View Single Post
Old 18th March 2019, 12:28   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If I view the picture here on my phone, it looks fine.
If I save the image from this site it looks fine (except for the fact it's very pixelated compared to the full version.
It seems like there is an issue with my phone and jpegs out of photoshop.
I emailed the same photos to my partners iPhone and they were oversaturated on her phone as well.
(I have a huawei.)
I haven't tried downloading anyone else's image to be honest.
I've checked my phone display settings and adjusted them as much as I can but it made barely any difference.

I imagine there is a setting in photoshop, I just don't know what it is.
I tried changing the colour profile (I think that it was called that) after a Google search but it made no difference.
Just had a look at my phone's display settings, and one of them is a blue light filter (for eye strain), I wonder could it be this one, or is it just isolated to this one image?

If it is this one image, then it will have to do with the colour profile of how it was saved. For web display you should use sRGB IEC 61966-2 profile, as it is standardised for most displays and web sites. Using others should only be limited to compatible complete work flows (shoot - display/edit - print), and only if all hardware is compatible with the same profile (some monitors and printers cannot display/print in certain profiles - when working in Jessops, I obtained Fuji's profiles for their printers, without knowing that they even used IEC 61966-2-1, colour shifts were extreme, yet perfect on my monitor).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote