Thread: Chrysler 300C
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2018, 11:22   #16
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejaytee View Post
But if you fancy a 300C you won't be disappointed...especially if you go for a Hemi. In practice the Hemi is pretty much as economical as the V6, and I believe that both the V6 and the Diesel versionjs cost the same to tax, so you might as well have the fun of the Hemi version. Still incredible value for money if you can find a good one.......
Some snuck in late 05- early 06 which miss it - mine does. I'd have gone for the V8 but as above early hemis could drop valves when heated and the cylinder deactivation can be slightly trickier for gas installers - not much though. The above dragged the value of the V6 down (it does have a cambelt also but a real dream to change) and is a design going back to late 80s so for the money I couldn't refuse so don't let that detract. One thing - Chrysler seem to send out numerous ECU updates so you will realistically need to find a dealer (alongside the takata recall replacements).

Mine desperately needed the software update as it would shudder at a specific temperature for a split second during warm up 3.5 specific issue.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote