View Single Post
Old 21st April 2019, 09:06   #7
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi,
Currently I have a Canon 700D crop sensor camera.
It's served me well, I love using it and it's been all over the world with me.
Mostly coupled to a rather flexible Tamron super zoom lens. (10-200)
Sometimes I shoot macro and rather more recently a Sigma 10-20 lens, which I do not like so much. The images never seem very sharp.

I love to shoot at night, stars, traffic, towns and cities, as well as the sea and dramatic waves. I use ND filters a lot as really enjoy long exposure photography.

About a month ago, my trusty 700D got soaked. I was photographing a stormy sea when a wave took me by surprise. My own fault and lesson learned.
Since then there are spots on some of my images. I clean them up in photoshop so it's no big issue, but knowing the effects of salt on circuit boards, I don't hold out much hope for the future of my camera.

So, having had the 700D for nearly three years, I've been thinking of upgrading and here I come looking for advice.

I want to see an improvement in my photos by upgrading.
By that I mean so I can actually see and justify the costs involved!
I want a weather sealed body for shooting by the sea and better noise control.
I have my eye on a Canon 6D Mk2, but at £1400 I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.
I know that I need to consider weather sealed lenses as well.

Any advice?
I have a Pentax KS-2 it is weather sealed very compact and take very good photos, it is well made very compact, and can be used with all Pentax manual lenses, no other manufacturer offers this. Also consider the K-70, also a great camera, and if money is no object my choice will be a K-1 legendary super camera, everything you want in a super strong magnesium alloy body with every feature that you will ever need.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote