View Single Post
Old 20th April 2019, 00:38   #8
75er
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer cdti

Hi Reebs,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I've replaced the head unit with a BMW widescreen unit as the select button on the original Rover unit wasn't working very well, so the screen menu is slightly different. But yes I've been doing what you suggest and selecting SET and holding down the menu button for 8 seconds minimum. The only menu I'm able to pull up is the one which gives options on split screen, day / night etc. I'm away from home without the car at the moment but I'll give it another go and hold the menu button down for longer. I'm going to get a new sharks fin and see if that works, I'm pretty sure it must be that, and then really all that's left as you say is to track the wire back from the sharks fin to the sat nav unit and see if that's damaged. Does that wire go directly into the san nav I wonder or into the loom and then then the sat nav? Do you recall which of the two coloured wires coming from the sharks fin does that wire go into? I think the connectors are different so I think it can only go into one of them. Just checking as someone might have messed about the the wiring before I got the car.
75er is offline   Reply With Quote