View Single Post
Old 13th September 2019, 18:56   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
I had a call at 1.30am from Leeds police asking me to drive 15miles each way to let someone out of our car park. I said no, the officer said he's a doctor and he needs some tablets that are in the car. My reply was so what, he parked in a private city centre carpark to avoid paying, has then gone out for the night and now wants to go home when the clubs are kicking out. Tell him to walk, and if he needs tablets, if he's a doctor, St James is just up the road. I will be opening the gates at around 8.00 am in the morning, if I don't sleep in after having my sleep interrupted.

After this because we had a lot of problems with shoppers, workers etc parking and sometimes meaning we didn't have enough spaces for ours and customers vehicles etc we got a parking co. in who monitored and charged them if they were not visiting our premises. When challenged if they refused to pay their cars were lifted and all done legally. Stopped it happening any more.
I agree. Some people think they can park where they like. Doesn’t matter if it’s people private property. If they have got tax on their car, they can park where they like. You didn’t know that? No neither did I, but it actually happens by me. Wish they would park on my front garden.