View Single Post
Old 19th April 2012, 20:17   #31
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I've been giving this some thought and fortunately in our area I hope we never have a water shortage but if we did this would be my solution.

I have always used a power washer to wash off the dirt first then use a regular bucket with car wash additive and micro fibre cloth etc with a final rinse using the power washer.

Now power washers are extremely economic with water, but they are connected to a hose therefore against the hose pipe ban.

How about if you have a suitable sized container which can be topped up using a bucket (perfectly legal) and the container coupled to the power washer obviously with a hose but not connected directly to the main supply so again perfectly legal. You could easily monitor the water level in the container and top up accordingly.

I reckon I will use less than two bucketfuls of water for a full wash including underside of my car.

I'd love to try it out but maybe some of you guys in a drought area may be willing to take up the challenge, let me know if you think this is a worthwhile idea.

JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote