View Single Post
Old 20th August 2011, 20:51   #28
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Is this the balljoint you mean? Do you think a balljoint splitter would help? Also, whats it like putting it back in?

Sounds like ai do need a nearing puller tool - thankfully I have some ratchet spanners.

You dont have to have a bearing puller. You can get away with resting the bush over an open vice with the arm hanging down the middle then just tap down on the end of the arm that sticks through. I used a puller because I've got one, but its not essential.

Not sure about a ball joint splitter. Yes, you are showing the right one, the one with a 22mm nut on it. The gap between the two parts is quite wide, and also it seems to sit at a funny angle, not sure a splitter would do any better than a big hammer on the end of the pin.

It goes back in very easy, but I found it easier to manipulate the arm if you get it in position before pushing the bush back on. It's possible the pin might start turning when you try to tighten the nut, so you'd need a 22mm ring spanner and an allen key if that happens. It didn't happen on mine.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote