View Single Post
Old 6th June 2011, 12:29   #65
nbrink

Rover R75 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN808T View Post
now its my turn to appologize for the delay in replying

no engine mods planned. there is a place called euro asia, i believe in pta, that also does rover 75 and mg zt spares. have sent them a mail but also no reply. best would be to go break down their door...

your car looks great. pretty in green if i may enquire, what happened to the original wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
A friend of mine specilaizes in Landrover motors, mainly on cylinder heads. But hopefully you will not need to go down that road. He was on the bluff, but has now I think moved to the North coast. The MG car club was big in KZN at one stage and did import a lot of parts for their cars. Not that they will consider our cars any part of MG though.
If you need any smallish parts from the UK maybe I can help and send them to you. I will also be making a trip back at some stage, but to the more civilized Gauteng.

Maybe check your springs if the car has lived in Botswana.

Regards Craig
Hi Craig

The suspension is 100%. The problems are that it has a slight misfire and when accelerating, especially uphill, the revs would drop about 200rpm(while accellerating) and then climb again and drop again and this will continue until you release the fuel pedal. And no one here can do a diagnostic check for me, any ideas? The engine management light use to come on, then disappear for awhile and reapear again. Now it has been on for the past week, without any major difference in how the car reacts. What worried me, is that when I started the car over the weekend, a different icon came up on the centre console, the engine picture with a cross through it...???? Any ideas?
nbrink is offline   Reply With Quote