View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:03   #39
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Hi Guys, as many of you are aware, I am rebuilding 005 (saloon) using 577 (tourer) as a donor. I was looking to install the rear cradle but have come up with a difference. 005 is obviously an early Pro Drive car and 577 is a 2004 Mk2 facelift. My problem is that 577 has 2 extra mounting bolts on a small welded plate,(1 either side) and 005 doesn't even have holes for them in the chassis. Is this a late modification for any problems that MGR had come across? Are these bolt holes required or were they only used on a tourer?
If they are needed, I will cut them out of 577 and weld them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have posted this on the Two-Sixties as well but so far have had no luck
1 005 with no mount holes
2 577 same area but with mount holes drilled and small threaded re-enforcing plate welded on
3 The mounting point in question

Just had the answer to this question over on the two-sixties, Jolly informative chaps, and real nice too! Thanks to scooter for his help You need to use the other two mounting bolts. The Prodrive cars were only for test purposes and were only a lash up to try the concept. For contunues use the four bolts would not be strong enough and you would risk pulling the frame out of the body.
I sorta guessed this was going to be the answer! oops, that's just slowed the build pace down a bit, neighbours won't be too chuffed with the grinder and mig at night Oh well, time to get the tin opener and glue gun out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image021.jpg (135.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Image024.jpg (141.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Image023.jpg (136.7 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 03:55.. Reason: Consecutive posts
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote