View Single Post
Old 14th December 2010, 16:32   #171
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
QUOTE=RichB

On another note, I found another intersting quirk with the radio. When I was tuned into a radio station, I saved the channel into one of the presets. It then retuned itself using the RDS/AF function, but it saved the new frequency in the preset channel rather than keeping the original frequency I wanted. Is this right???

Probably, the radio in my VW reacts the same. The RDS will look for the strongest/ best signal to match the one set anyway, so I don't think it maters really.

Cheers,
Rich
It didn't do that on my Kenwood. I regularly spend time in two different areas with different frequecies for the national radio channels. I used to have the 6 presets on FM1 tuned to certain frequencies, and 6 presets on FM2 tuned to others for that particular area. I don't necessarily want the RDS changing the frequencies I locked in.

Maybe if my radio reception was better then RDS would work better. But sometimes I sit and listed to the crackle and the 'pulsing' noise it makes as it tries to search for a better signal for what seems ages and it doesn't find anything. I then do a quick manual sweep and find a much stronger signal????

Do even get me started on the TA function. If I switch this on it just seems to retune the radio to Classic FM!

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote