View Single Post
Old 30th November 2010, 07:53   #41
car13
Avid contributor

MGZT road MGZR wifes & MGZS race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Well I hope you go for it in a year's time then - I think you'll find it's the fuel cost not the insurance that's the problem.
Age vs engine - fuel not a consideration, get a V8 drive it for a couple of years and then get your mum dad to store it when you sellte down have kids so in 30's you can get it out and think cracking car (and it will go up in value) Fuel price well not ever goin to get cheaper less beer more fuel ;-)

I did it but did not have V8's in budget when 18-38 years old

Its all relative, Mini 1275 gt over bored with webber carb fast road tune first car many moons ago mpg? what was that?

Renault Five GT fitted with williams clio 2ltr with twin 45's, mpg who cares

GT6 - tripple webber conversion - mpg who cars the engine was so sweat

MGZS V6 - midely tuned 2 jerry cans for 38 minutes on track who cares
Cant get webbers to fit yet

If you enjoy driving then the fuel cost is not relavant.

If you want a interesting car (my choice is ecletic) however at 17-20 insurance is always high, why because you will have a dink.
However if you are clever and look at options they can become affordable.

A MG V8 is silly cheap for what you get, classic insurance is good option limited mileage?

It gets no easier at 37 with 10 years NCB (but they only count 7) I declare business use and 40000 miles a year on my MK2 ZTT I would like to think its worth 4, but you know that you will be lucky to see trade price from insurance of 1800. Cheapest main stream quote was £580.

But you have to be straight with insureres otherwise they will not payout.

However after some shopping about Peter Best Insurance got this down to 430 for me with unlimited mileage and free break down, free glass and europe cover. Why they do not insure under 21's.

Go classic route and fixed mielage gets cheaper and you will get agreed value which is essential on MG as for a cracked bumper your car will be written off and the book price on them is shocking.

Last edited by car13; 30th November 2010 at 08:00..
car13 is offline   Reply With Quote