View Single Post
Old 11th November 2010, 20:21   #2
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1950 View Post
Hi all
We have been thinking about this for a while so here goes....
First of all this is not an official 75/ZT meeting and as such it is not covered by their insurance etc etc
Very early notice but please read on and add your name if you are interested there is no firm comittment needed at this stage.
A Portland get together for owners and their families on the 15th May 2011
Meeting at around 11.00 with free parking at Portland harbour next to the Coastguard search & rescue helicopter (Whisky Bravo from TVs seaside rescue) which can be viewed through the fence & the historic Portland Castle which is open to the public, this is also very close to the National Sailing Acadamy which will host the sailing events for the 2012 Olympics..This will be followed by a short drive across the Island to Portland Bill where we can have some lunch either at the Lobster pot cafe' or the Pulpit Inn...Then returning to Portland Castle for a Boat trip along part of the Jurassic Coast,I have arranged a discounted trip for us via a local boat hire company and the cost (dependent on numbers) will be no more than £5 per person for a 1 hour cruise but will require a minimum of 25 people to make it possible but there is room for 50 on the boat so please don't be shy in putting your name down & if things go very well they have a second boat they can use.
I will add more details as we get nearer the date but I really need to have some idea of numbers to confirm the boat trip.
Cheers Ian
This sounds like a great meet. Make sure you add it to the forum calendar.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote