View Single Post
Old 20th October 2010, 17:37   #24
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

I think that is a little unfair to suggest that things have 'stalled' a bit.

The pub idea was put out to members only 3 days ago and I have been awaiting peoples responses on the idea before committing to a date. Also, the previous North West meet was only 4 weeks ago.

I have also been waiting for more people to reply to PM's sent (over 150) to add their locations to the North West map and add their suggestions regarding the venue and frequency for future meets before finalising anything.

The reason I chose a pub for our first meet with a new regional secretary was to attract as many members as possible, old and especially new, to an easily accessible central location where we can meet each other and discuss the location of future meets in the region.

The large car park at this pub in Warrington also means that like 'The Romper' we can all park together in one area if a large number of members wish to attend.

Jim, I am of course open to all ideas members put forward. However, a meet at Blackpool Illuminations or the Concorde Museum at Manchester airport would be a logistical nightmare to arrange with regards to parking.

99% of car clubs have their regional meets at pubs for that very reason.

A monthly meet is a nice idea, but how many members would attend who like myself have work and family commitments at the weekend.

I appreciate your input and all your suggestions have been added to my list of possible venues.

Last edited by richardwjackson; 20th October 2010 at 17:51..