View Single Post
Old 18th February 2010, 20:48   #582
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Got some radio reception now, but still not great. Also the sat nav screen now brings up a chinese error message. Any ideas? This worked fine yesterday, but now no. The GPS antenna connection on the back is quite loose. Don't know is this is related

OK solved the sat nav problem. Managed to find a screen that changed the chinese in to English and then followed the on-screen menu to set up IGO8. All I need to do now is find a manual for IGO8 somewhere. Does it give voice directions ? It hasnt spoken to me yet.

Got some reasonable radio now, it seems to get better after a few minutes and the noise reduces. Still something wrong there though. It may be something to do with my Symphony Aerial amplifier on the back pillar, because I did have a problem with that some years ago when I had a new rear screen fitted. There was a 2 pin connector from the screen going in to a 6 pin one on the amplifier. I notice that the unit has an output called "AMP control" so I need to investigate what that does.

Played a few tracks from USB OK though so I confirmed the sound system is pretty impressive, far superior to the SYmphony, with much better bass.