View Single Post
Old 6th January 2010, 20:00   #1
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Default Rover 75 and MG ZT Test Cars in the USA.

I decided this really deserved its own thread.

As some of you may remember last year there was quite a bit of talk about 2 Rover 75's and an MG ZT that were in International Falls in Minnesota USA.

Anyway I have been in contact with the new owner of the cars...

Here is what he has said...
Lewis, I did own 2 of the rover 75 , but did end up selling them to a collector in Canada. But I also have the MG ZT190 with one of the last production numbers. The car is a EU4 car, (05 with the last facelift) still wired up for testing. I have found the ECU for it and still trying to find the IM mod. I also have all of the test equipement. A lot of electronics, and a storage container of test parts. Pics to come soon, thanks from Craig

6. Lewis, here are a few pics, I do have about 50 other pics, these cars were cold weather test cars, but they seemed to be very concerned about engine cooling, I do have a few front bumper covers that have a bigger opening then the newest ones (facelift), also concerned about the drive by wire electronics in the cold temps. I hate to say it, but they were also using ford drive by wires with adaptors. I also have all the data recordings, different engine oils, and different gases (petros). I do like your wagon you have. I may need a single pic from you. Under the dash (driver side) of a module. I think it is called a im module, but you do have to remove the cover, about 2 minutes. And, Yes I will be joining your MG club, but not until I have some time to work on it. I collect cars, have about 30 or so of my own. Plan on getting to it soon though. Please keep in touch, and I would appreciate any help I can get on getting this car roling down the road. The red MG has 1200 miles, the white rover had 300 miles, and gray rover had 700 miles. The mg has 2.5 V6, and the 2 rovers had turbo 4s. I also have a working headlamp switch (factory POLICE switch) for your blue mg. This has a button, that flashes your headlamps like the police. They were testing the electronics in the cold.. Have a good night..

Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote