Old 23rd September 2009, 10:09   #16
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by calysto View Post
Hello Lowedb,

Thans for the link. I would probably never get here
I hope Fred and you enjoyed your trip to southern Poland, though I believe that neither of you liked the roads. Nor did the suspension of your R75! It's getting better year by year, though.
You probably have visited more places than I've been to, funny, isn't it?
I don't mean Kraków, but the remaining towns - Cieszyn, Rzeszów, Łańcut. I passed through Rzeszów once to the Solina dam - I don't know if you travelled deeper south?
I strongly recommend visiting another part of Poland - the Lake District. It's where the Teutonic Knights lived - Malbork castle was their "den".

Yes, the R75 is becoming to be more popular here; mine was purchased in Poland in 2004; I'm the second owner. A lady I know well drove it and she did 40.000 miles in four years.
Rovers series 200, 400, 600 (800 to a lesser degree) are more common here.
Before this one, I had a 620 SI, which has never let me down.
There are two problems though - lack of skilled mechanics who know the R75, and availibility + prices of spare parts ("back box" - equivalent of Ł370).

Kind regards,
Waldek
Hello Waldek!! Your just across the (Baltic) pond from me. There seems to be you , me and Fille in Finland in this neck of the woods

I get all my spares off the great blokes on here (Messenger and co) and off the ebay. There is one guy in town here who services Rovers. He seems a nice bloke but don´t half charge (my scottish side coming out) He wanted 3 to 4 hundred pounds for a service (oil change etc). I got all the bits off ebay and did it myself (easy on a diesel), cost about 100 pounds. That paid for the diesel for the 4000 km trip over to my brother and friends in UK There is so much knowledge about our cars in the club so just ask (Jules, T-cut, Greeners and Phil are really friendly and helpful)