View Single Post
Old 21st September 2009, 21:24   #109
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post
I can follow that.

What I can see compounding the issue, is the fact that that circuit is also disabled a short time after the ign key is removed.

I think the sunroof has the same disabling function, i believe it is a safety thing built in.

This is a simple drawing of the circuit I used for remote operated powerfolds:-

As far as I can tell, the sunroof control switch has much the same function so if you substitute the sunroof ECU output for the OEM switchpack in this diagram and assume only one motor, this circuit will work.

Both lines are held at earth by the switch regardless of whether the delay is in operation or not under normal operation. (The doted lines indicate the original wiring).

Clearly, all you are doing is open-circuiting one of the lines from the control of the ECU and connecting it to 12 volts to drive the sunroof one way using (as per the diagram) relay 5 with relay 6 driving it the other way. The relays are, of course, channel relays in the remote control receiver module.

This operates directly upon the sunroof motor, of course, thereby bypassing the delay function which is clearly built into the ECU.

However, when the remote isn't used and the relay contacts are in their N/C position, the function of the original sunroof switch is unimpeded.

I know it is a desperately simple little circuit but it works

Hope this helps

BTW. IF I can get hold of a powerfold OEM switch I'm going to have another look at simulating the operation of the switch itself by momentarily contacting it to earth. If this works then it will only require one remote channel to drive the mirrors in both directions. I didn't fancy experimenting with my only powerfold switch though

Last edited by Raistlin; 21st September 2009 at 21:32..
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote