View Single Post
Old 9th August 2009, 01:18   #30
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Sorry couldn't be more help on the phone Andrew!

Out of interest Andrew I know this doesn't help you one little bit, but before you owned the Tourer, did it come with Service history docs & proof of mileage, previous MOT's etc .

Regards
Jules
Firstly ... thanks for picking up the phone on your holiday!

It did come with a full service history record, stamped by the same garage...

No other docs however Except for the current MoT and V5.

But I have already arrived at the conclusion that the garage. the one and only previous owner. was using were a bunch of lazy, lying, incestuous illegitimates!!

It would seem by the condition of various items, for example, filters and fluids, that if indeed they had been changed according to the service intervals, then they had billed for work that was never done!!

The state of the filters, as a prime example, were horrendous! Bearing in mind that they were apparently done just a few months before I bought her.

The above is based on manufacturer's recommended service intervals as proscribed in the users' manual, and as indicated by the warranty service book.

The pollen filter was very likely an original when I got her and was in an unholy state! When I changed the PCV filter, I was amazed that I had not experienced more problems! Clogged was not a word I would use to closely describe the state it was in. The air filter was black, not a deep grey or even a light grey (from the original white colour)!!.

I could tell that the previous owner had kids, from the wear of the rear seats with baby seats. But she, most certainly had been well and truly ******* by the garage she used. (Not the people I bought the car from BTW)

So I am now suffering from the effects of ...... (para 4 above)

I have changed fluids and filters since I had her, prior to recommended service intervals, but it does look as if I am unlucky to have had (as per a previous post) a runt of the litter!

Trouble is, I still love her When she behaves!!

Oh, and the rear lamp clusters on one side were held in by wood screws!!!!

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 9th August 2009 at 01:24..