View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:26   #22
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped View Post
I'd agree.

I have some sympathy with the imbalance between what an owner thinks one should be worth and what it actually is worth because oftentimes there is a gulf between these two figures! However, price guides never work for small volume/small population cars (by definition they can't due to relying on large sample sizes and frequent auction entries to set them....).

I have owned one, I sold it for nearly what i bought it for (and was very fortunate in doing so) and enjoyed every moment that I had it. I would simply love to have another and to be honest, if you want to keep it, then pay for the absolute best you can get and appreciate that if you do ever need to sell it then it could cost you a few quid. On the other hand even if it lost £3k in a year you'd still be doing well in terms of smiles per pound and be way ahead of most depreciation curves on newish dull cars!

If you do ever need to sell just don't panic; the worst thing about needing to sell one of these is also the best thing. There are very few buyers out there....but there are also very few cars!
Good advice there too... the other thing is that most of the buyers that will turn up to view a 260 probably are only looking at 260's so owning a good one means you will get a price based on the cars true value not a book value

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickster View Post
Great words there Juzza.

I notice your location is down as Notts. Have you seen this one, which is quite local? It's been there for what seems like a while now and I'm tempted to go and have a look. Obviously relatively high mileage, but one owner etc.
I've seen it advertised but not seen the car. I have to go to Leicester in the week and can pop by Loughborough for a look if you want?