View Single Post
Old 21st April 2009, 19:05   #10
Blue Flash
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux99 View Post
Been thinking about it, any pics of yours?
My paint is starting to part company with the chrome side strips and I am considering a respray or taking them back to chrome, but havent seen a T/Blue with chrome on it.

Sorry no phots as I don't know how to,with a bit of digging I think you may find some images on here,easy enough to strip I bought a pack of clips off ebay and found the only way to get the wing one's of was to break the clip and then slide the strips off, the door strips slide off and its easier with a pair of rubber/surgical gloves to give some mega grip/pushing force when sliding them off and then stripped with nitromors and a kids lolly pop stick/wood as to prevent any damage to the finish,then polished up with polish and a strip of carpet which allows you to exert some force down on the chrome,the rear 1/4's are held in place with 2 x 8mm plastic nuts and rubber washers to prevent water ingress into the spare wheel well access to these is by removing the bulkhead carpet(saloon),I was a little apprehensive at first but once you get cracking..............a doddle