View Single Post
Old 13th May 2024, 23:03   #27
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

I've spoken to the Assessors, who without actually looking at the vehicle only our photos, have decided that the rear panel is damaged as well as the bumper and tailgate. I asked how he was so sure of this, and he said it is usually what happens 99 times in a 100, and he has 25 years experience of this etc etc...
I asked that if this could be the 100th time and he's wrong, to which there was no real answer.

His estimated cost of repair is £4700, and apparently he's done his best to keep it low, because it is a no fault claim they will only use new parts, and the rear panel isn't available anymore...

Because of this they 'have a duty of care' to recommend the vehicle as class 'B catastrophic damage' which means it should be removed from the road stripped of parts and then crushed.
And it's got quite a lot of quite new parts in it...

They valued it at £1450 and they would only consider a repair up to 200% of the value or £2900. If this was doable then the vehicle wouldn't be B but instead classed as 'S structural damage' and therefore repairable and following inspection suitable to return to the road.

I've told them I'm going to consider getting a second opinion. And so far agreed to nothing and trying to work out what to do. If we cancel the claim the report doesn't get sent anywhere and just disappears.

I've not yet seen any diesel 75 tourers connoisseurs available to buy for £1450.

In the meantime I've had to renew the road tax from 1st May and then last week renew the insurance, as a gesture of goodwill the removed £25 of the £45 they added on.

Our new special order rear number plate has also arrived, which is looking like another £25 well spent
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote