View Single Post
Old 10th May 2024, 15:01   #10
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Those cheap usb video converters are really NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- i am about to commence converting some 8mm footage and found using that type of device unsatisfactory so stopped but also the condition of the heads on the playback machine is critical given the age they need cleaning at a min as the tapes are often filthy as well.

I have an old and more robust pci card to do this job just waiting on an adapter to use it in a PCI-e machine with modern processing ability it should rock if the drivers will work. If interested and if i get good results am willing to help friends out it can deal with most PAL/SECAM/NTSC signals from analogue sources and also looking to upmix mono audio in to stereo on the fly with ease. Tried to do this in the single core era some years ago and not good lol. Im told some of the later sony camcorders and decks have the ability to produce a digital video signal internally from analogue tapes but those machines are rarer today but would provide best results it seems.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 10th May 2024 at 15:04..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote