View Single Post
Old 7th May 2024, 17:20   #26
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Update since my last post

Since my last post things have changed a bit.
Two Fridays ago we contacted Admiral to find out what was going on and what the next step is.
Turns out Auxilis should have looked at it and estimated, damage cost of repair etc, but didn't. Admiral instructed them to do so, but seeing as it was the weekend it would be early last week.
We were told an Assessor (engineer) would be visiting to check the vehicle, which turned out we had to send photos, which my wife did.
Last Friday she was contacted on the phone by Auxulis to say the assessor was going to declare it a category B write off. The Assessor's were now shut for the bank holiday and we would be contacted this week to discuss value and the next steps in salvage if we needed it.
Auxulis wrote to say it is a 'total loss' claim and that it would be registered as such with HPI & MIATFR & DVLA.
They tried phoning today but both of us were working and unable to take the calls.
After investigation I learned that category B means the car is deemed only fit to break for parts and then must be crushed, never to return to the road....
I'm not sure how this can all be decided without a so called engineer even getting near the vehicle.
I'm at home tomorrow so will have to call them to find out what's going on, my insurance policy is due for renewal in 4 days, and they've also emailed to tell me that due to 'an incident' on the policy it has now increased by another £45! so much for not being at fault!

Last edited by Andy_with_a_screwdriver; 7th May 2024 at 21:02..
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote