View Single Post
Old 4th May 2024, 15:45   #8
CDT Player
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Fortuna View Post
Hate to say it, pretty colour or no - Goodnight Vienna.

As an aside, back in the seventies I worked for a Jaguar/Rover/Triumph dealer on the spanners and I was approached by the sales manager to see
if I wanted to earn some extra beer tokens. He had a customer who bought a Rover SD1 but didn't like the trim option for his desired body colour - long story short - two brand new V8's side by side in the showroom after hours with me doing a complete trim swap - and people standing on the pavement watching through the plate glass.

So it can happen that a weird trim/body colour combo can exist.
The VIN plate on this car will of course tell us.

From what I have read on here regarding interior trim colour in the early days Rover were more strict on what colour you could order but later on relaxed their position.

Primrose Yellow is one of the few early colours that state Ash Grey only with Sandstone as not an option. This particular car may have been a special order for the dealership or an employee there.

Primrose Yellow looks quite nice with Sandstone Beige (both warm colours) so not really sure why Rover wouldn't allow it as an official option.

With regard to the price drop last time I checked Rover 75's we're weighing in at just over £400 so the price looks fair now. For those that can weld worth a save.

Last edited by CDT Player; 4th May 2024 at 15:47.. Reason: Extra wording.
CDT Player is offline   Reply With Quote