View Single Post
Old 17th April 2024, 02:06   #174111
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
The bad news is.....The Canon R full frame Mirrorless cameras use a new lens mount (RF) and would require adaptors to use my existing (EF) mount lenses.

I would not want to have to use adaptors in between the body and lens and replacing all my glass to new RF versions will require a massive investment.
Two Canon R3 bodies and all the replacement lenses (even used) would be well north of £15,000.....It might have to wait a while

I might however consider getting a used R5 and an 85mm f1.4 RF mount lens for my cat photos and portrait work.
I'll keep the big guns for everything else.

All depends on how much work comes in though to justify it. Not nearly busy enough at the moment, only working three days a week on average!

Full frame will make a difference Phil. Much less noise at higher ISO settings and the files just seem to carry a little more dynamic range to them . I would think it will serve you well for video and for stills
Good morning Jeff

Thank you for those thoughts and knowledgeable insight's, much appreciated.

If you didn’t want to spend 15,000 plus on a new set up with Canon, why not look at another cheaper brand such as Nikon or Fujitsu or Sony, even used. What is the favourite mirrorless camera at camera club, just curious?

My Olympus lenses will fit the LUMIX full frame body. What I don’t like about the new and old Olympus mirrorless camera is how the megapixels have failed to exceed 20MP. At 20MP there are still great photos to be had, but it feels as though Olympus is trailing behind the other main brands.

Last week on safari, I could have done with another camera as I missed some great shots waisting time changing lenses and focusing up. I wished I had taken the Canon Superzoom bridge camera which doesn’t require any lens changes, a lesson learned

Tell me Jeff, does the Ninja take all of the fat out of the roast potatoes and gammon? I ask as I am on a low fat/fat free diet.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote