View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2024, 14:47   #127
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I had a club calendar to send out so I sent Marion a text to see if she was going out and be nears a Post Office. Better still she said why not come with me. So around to the local sub post office. It’s the one that Allen uses, only about 100yds from his house.

Then Marion drove me up to the cemetery, not sure if she trying to tell me something. This is where her Paul is. And there is a plaque on the bench in his honour. It’s nice and flat here so my walk was all on the level. We walked to the end and I could see my house across the valley. You can just make out the roof of Marion's house.
The weather was coming in with hail stones, so we made our way back to the car.

We drove down to Waterside with the intention of another walk but it rained even harder, so we sat in the car and chatted. Out on the water the marines were sailing in their inflatable boats. 3 large craft and about a total of 40 marines. Not sure what they were doing as some of them were standing up. We thought they might be transferring men from boat to boat.
Then they all took off back towards HMS Raleigh.

We drove home. At least the rain had stopped. I thanked Marion for the ride and made my way in, slowly. Marion watches me to make sure i don’t fall over.
Indoors and the kettle on.

Karen came over and went round the floors with her steam cleaner. Gerry brought my wooden lamp down from upstairs, been up there since my fall.
After they went I had a long chat on the phone with a friend of mine.
When I told him I was back to sleeping upstairs he said what was doing about the loo. I said I had a container for my wee. But would have to use the frame to get to the bathroom for a no.2. So he said why not use a bucket, it’s just like a commode. After all you have been sitting on one for a few months.

So the bucket is now in the bedroom, plus a toilet roll. Only me in the house so I cannot see a problem with this. But I’ll only use it in emergency no.2.
I managed to move my bed closer to the wall. Better access to the table lamp.

Didn’t sleep very well. Hip and ankle were playing up. But the painkillers were downstairs which would have meant me putting my Stormtrooper boot on. So I suffered the pain. I’ll put some tablets upstairs incase they are needed.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote