View Single Post
Old 16th January 2024, 00:07   #1
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Default Chrysler Grand Tourer

My wife has been hankering after a van in connection with her antique business, for stock-hunting & stallholding, that sort of thing. We've hired a couple of vans in the past & found a standard Transit a bit small but a LWB hi-cube ideal. Well either in ULEZ form are pretty expensive & we wouldn't want a LWB sitting outside the house anyway. So it just so happens my brother has one of these Chrysler's (actually a Grand Voyager ), a 2014 in 2.8 diesel, top spec form which he's been running for the last eighteen months.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/chrysler/grand-voyager

It came from a friend/customer who bought it new, then a couple of years back offered it to my brother for a price he couldn't refuse as it was just sitting around with no MoT. He had an MoT put on plus a new timing belt/water pump, some brake work & a DPF regen'. He loves it but has now decided that he doesn't use it enough so has offered it to us for 75% of the price he paid for the work done on it & 33% of the book price. With all the seats dropped into the floor it does an extremely good impersonation of a medium-sized van & with them up an equally good one of a small minibus. So we're going to replace our trusty hardworking Fiesta with it which keeps it in the family & the Fiesta will remain too as my stepson & his wife are having that. It will cost us a bit more in road tax & insurance but it will also cost us the ULEZ charge which is unfortunate but as we won't be using it daily & the times we need to carry most of our stock at once are relatively few, we think the low purchase price still makes it a worthwhile proposition for the business & it is of course a bit more versatile than a van. It's not something l ever thought l'd buy but l must say, it's quite an unusual vehicle & l'm quite excited at the prospect of running it. I will be keeping a log of the running costs. Wish us luck.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 16th January 2024 at 07:14..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote