View Single Post
Old 8th January 2024, 07:02   #50
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

A bit of a set back yesterday. Wasn’t feeling very well, there is a sickness and diarrhoea bug doing the rounds at the moment. I did feel sick, but also felt blooming cold. I changed from shorts and put jogging bottoms on, to keep my legs warm. I also felt very tired.

Karen came over to “stab” me and she suggested that I went back to bed, where at least I would be warm. She made my bed up and after she left I changed back into my PJ’s and got back into bed. Slept for about 3 hours till my stomach informed me that I needed the loo. From the bed to the loo it is six hops, but when you need to go it’s amazing how quickly I can get there.

And that’s where I was when the lady, Gail, from New Life arrived. Everyone that comes to see me are told knock on the door before coming in, in case I’m on the loo. She comes in via the front door, one of the few that have mastered the door lock. There is an inner door and she knocked, I shouted out I was on the loo and she replied, “ No.1 or 2?” I replied, “No.2”. She said ok and she came in. I had pulled my trousers up to hide my bits. I know that they are used to seeing, or either helping people to the loo but I still found it very embarrassing.

She just said that I should carry on as usual and just take my time. I explained that I hadn’t felt very well earlier and that I had gone back to bed hence why I had my PJ’s on. She made a note of it and said she would get one of the district nurses in to check me over. Gail made me a cuppa and done the washing up whilst I got the paperwork done and back into bed. She took the pot upstairs and emptied the contents down the loo. They are very thorough in the cleaning of the pot. Plus they use anti bacterial stuff on the loo itself. All parts of the loo are completely cleaned, she even changes her apron and gloves to carry out the task.

Then before she left she made sure I was comfortable, and rearranged the support for my leg. Told me to stay in bed till the nurse came unless of course I needed the loo again.
So that’s where I stayed till the district nurse arrived. She asked me how I felt. I said tired and cold, although the heating was on. Temperature was up, pulse rate was up, blood pressure was taken three times and was all over the place, oxygen levels were ok and blood sugars were low. So she gave me a sugary substance that they carry. Checked the blood pressure again which had started to stabilise and the blood sugars were on target.

She suggested that I ate a couple of the sweet apples, just to keep the sugar levels up. She asked me when was the last time I had eaten, and that was at breakfast time. Cereals and juice, I don’t drink any form of milk. So now I must go back to eating little but often. I stopped that a long time ago as I was eating more during the day and not eating my main meal as I felt too full.

So now back on the diabetes program of watching what I eat. Now back to keeping a proper diary on what I eat and when. Plus how regular the No.2’s are. Got to cut down on the coffee and tea which I drink black with no sugar.
District nurses will be back to check on me on a regular basis, but not daily.

I got out of bed when she left and moved around a bit so as to keep my good leg active along with the rest of my body.
Karen was back for my evening injection and she read me the riot act. It would appear that as the nurse left Karen came home from work. And the nurse told her most of what had happened.

I’m looking forward to getting my legs slapped.
Feeling ok this morning, getting back into the routine is going to be hard, but I must do it for my own good.

Catch up soon.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 8th January 2024 at 07:05..
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote