View Single Post
Old 24th December 2023, 09:57   #25
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Yesterday I managed to have a wash, make the tea and have my cereal.

Then I prepared a casserole to go into the slow cooker. Chicken, leeks, carrots, mushrooms all cut up. Then added a couple of casserole mixes, I normally make my own, but just for quickness.

Drank plenty of tea, squash and water throughout the day so the commode was used a lot.

The nurse arrived early and rang the door bell. I managed to get to the door on my MG Zoommer frame and told to go round to the side entrance. Injection done along with BP.

My neighbour Kelsey came in and made me a cuppa, and we had a nice chat. Then the New Life assistant arrived to empty the commode. She took it upstairs tipped the contents down the loo, flushed and the loo was blocked. So we had a flood. She mopped up all the water. Unblocked the loo, it was the wipes I had been using. I thought they were biodegradable but it appears not.
She left and Kelsey followed.

Now yesterday was a bit of emotional day for me as it was on the 22nd December 2010 that my Val took the hands of the angels.

But also yesterday it was Kelsey’s birthday and she was going to a spa, with friends, then on a pub crawl around Saltash. There quite a few pubs in and around the town.
But she promised that when she got home she would keep the music down as no doubt there would be a few of the girls coming back.

Well, if they had a party I never heard a thing.
My visitors arrived just after 13.00, Tania & Mark, (forum name Daisy Dawlish).
Mark bought the ex Ian Goldson (Ian G) MG ZTT and has altered the car somewhat, not to everyone’s taste but it’s his money and his choice. Tania has a Sky Blue 75 Tourer on Viking wheels.

Tania & Mark run the Coffee and Cars group in Newton Abbot, I have attended quite a few of their events. I was supposed to be going to the Xmas dinner last weekend but didn’t go for obvious reasons.
They brought a pressie and Xmas card plus a get well card with signatures from some of the other members.

They left at about 15.10. Marion came in and brought me some magazines to read. We sat and chatted, she made us some tea. As she was leaving Allen arrived. The casserole was really pulling me over but I had a chat with Allen. He took some stuff up stairs for me that I no longer needed.
He left at about 17.30.

Oh! My! That was one of my best casseroles I have made. Once eaten and tablets taken I washed up and put everything away. Then I got three foil dishes out and filled them up with the remaining chicken casserole.
Casserole dish in the sink and filled up with water and some washing up liquid, left it to soak overnight.

Then time to relax but first a phone call to be made to my good friend John who lives in Bredfield In Suffolk, he lives with his wife Lisa and their son John Louis. On the phone for nearly an hour.

Then time to watch a bit of telly before turning in.

Thanks for reading.

234,360. Getting ready to rock n roll.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote