View Single Post
Old 13th October 2023, 16:50   #172132
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
As well getting them over and done with Phil. Side effects have taken a couple of days to really kick in, headache, feeling hot (not in that way!) and knackered! Where I got the covid jab in my left bicep is hard, hot and tender, nothing on t'other side where I had the flu jab.

There was a bit of urgency about getting the stick, Ging is going to the Philippines in a week or so for about a month. I'm not going, two reasons:
1/ discovered when we went to Rome that Suzy gets terrible separation anxiety, I mean really bad. Our neighbour was feeding the girls and letting them out, for two or three days Suzy wouldn't eat, just sat staring into space. We're her third "parents" so she probably thought she was being abandoned again couldn't leave her for a month.
2/ its about a 14 hour flight, it was bad enough when I was younger and fitter but now . . . . christ I'd probably need the services of a chiropractor to get off the plane.
I am sorry to read you are having such a hard time with the aches and pains.

Thank you Steve for updating us about Suzy’s separation anxiety which is a real problem both for pet and owner, you made the right decision to stay and look after her.

14 hours is a long flight and tiring and I am sure you are well treated when you get there and so you will be missed by Ging and the family but it can’t be helped.

Our flight to Kenya is only 9 hours and for our next flight, I have booked economy comfort plus seats which have extra recline, extra legroom and the centre seat is also reserved for our use (not expensive).

I have booked wheelchairs all the way given Jessica’s recent hip replacement and my op, it all helps to get through procedures.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote