Thread: Handbrake SSC
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2022, 01:26   #349
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Hi, yeah thanks for that. I still havent done this job its on for tomorow tho and decided to stick with modding what i got rather than get a R53 type

So ordered the SS link bit but thought the rest was on the old compensator cant find a photo showing the side of compensator to check so might have to order a clevis pin as well by sounds of it. Any idea what size as cant seem to find that info easily....

Ill be using a drill with milling bits as not posh enough to own an angle grinder, still got two fingers left to show the man.
Clevis pin 3/8 x 1.25 inch, split pin 1.6mm x 25mm, penny washers 25mm 3/8 hole ... Arctic drills another hole in the clevis pin nearer the compensator, I might just pack with washers.

You might be able to hacksaw the ends of the old pin off and the hoop to remove them from the compensator assembly - or drill them out... the hole at the back where the hoop fits through needs to be bigger too, for the new shackle to fit through.

Or so it appears... Not done it yet! Scheduled for Wednesday

PS the angle grinder is borrowed!

This thread has pictures of original compensator
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=151423

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 15th November 2022 at 01:30.. Reason: Update