Thread: Handbrake SSC
View Single Post
Old 14th November 2022, 17:02   #348
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
I have got that eBay item, some of Arctic's suggested Clevis pins, some penny washers, and a broom stick (for carpet and console retention)... as I intend doing the SSC mod as per Arctic's How To...

So it's out with the angle grinder and hope I finish with as many fingers as I started out with!

I'll try to photograph my progress and post it when I'm done.

RETAP: with the R53 compensator cable maybe wire rather than string and use the handbrake adjuster nut and another as a lock nut to secure it and ensure it doesn't come off?

Hi, yeah thanks for that. I still havent done this job its on for tomorow tho and decided to stick with modding what i got rather than get a R53 type

So ordered the SS link bit but thought the rest was on the old compensator cant find a photo showing the side of compensator to check so might have to order a clevis pin as well by sounds of it. Any idea what size as cant seem to find that info easily....

Ill be using a drill with milling bits as not posh enough to own an angle grinder, still got two fingers left to show the man.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels