Old 19th September 2022, 13:26   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Hi Jeff.

Yes my camera will auto bracket if its turned on. Never used that function but have bracketed in th past.

Funny enough iv got graduated filters too, but only use polarising filter. Did a bit of filter work at colledge (around 1995) but not bothered since. My fotoshop is ancient. I was offered CS2 many years ago but never took up th offer. I bet things have changed imeassurably. Which one do you use.? Are they more intuative now?

Th sacraficial nail (my old neighbour called it that) i was mentioning is a anode thats screwed into a engine. This does th same thing as th hull anodes but yours dosnt need it as it doesn't get its water from outside to cool th engine. Iv seen a block blown threw when th "nail" as not been changed.

What are your motors. Dont say Volvo
Err.......VOLVO

TAMD31P's to be precise

I use Lightroom and Photoshop as well as various 'Plug ins' Other editing software is readily available if you wanted to brakes exposures and merge them.
It's just another 'too' in your box to enable getting images that otherwise you couldn't.

You can also use photo merging to stitch together a panorama. Useful if you don't have a wide angle lens on you at the time.
In commercial car photography a polarising filter is a must to cut down on reflections in paintwork and glass.

I have various grads and ND filters which do come in handy for landscape photography. Other than that I do keep U.V filters on all my glass, purely to protect the front element from damage.