View Single Post
Old 26th June 2022, 13:53   #165662
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Really need four feeders to keep the birds happy, thanks to the squirrels we're down to two and one of them is starting to show its age so ideally need three! Best one we got in Lidl, had it for years, top and bottom are ceramic, plastic tube is more substantial than most and the openings/perches are metal but its showing its age, the plastic tube is starting to get a bit brittle. Annoying thing is Lidl had them in about a month/6 weeks ago but didn't need them then . . . . do now and no idea when they'll be in again.

This is the damage the squirrel did to one of the feeders, 2nd one was just as bad

We have a dome to prevent vermin climbing the pole, I'd dropped that a couple of inches to stop the magpies standing on it to get at the feeders, the new height must have been in leaping range for the squirrel. Its back to original height again.

Blimey! they've done a number on that feeder Wilko's have a lot of different bird feeders in store if there's one near you.
I'm just watching the pigeons trying to feed on the bird feeders , I've pulled them away from the laurel tree & this crafty begger is perched on a branch higher than the feeding hole & bending the branch down with it's weight so he can feed

I'm going to have to pull them even further out, That's the only place the neighbourhood cats cant get at them.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote