View Single Post
Old 30th December 2021, 08:27   #157
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I often have the use of the local Hyundai dealers Ioniq5 and it’s an amazing piece of kit. I’m not sure the budget will stretch to one but we will have to see, that and can I live with no home charger? our house is around 100 years old although rewired about 50 years ago would need work and only has a 60 amp main fuse. Will the DNO only update the main fuse free of charge if an EV has been ordered or can it just be requested?

That was the exact same scenario as our house 100 years old, rewired in the 60's after finding a fag packet under the floorboards from that era. Also 60amp fuse but ours was on a shared loop too. It's all free as the supply is their responsibility.

One of my friends in the next street with the exact set up as us on a shared loop of three electricity supply had his power go out, It turned out one of his neighbours did something to his old bakerlite fuseboard & took out the three houses electricity supply.

When the DNO came to repair it he asked if he could upgrade to a 100 amp fuse & they told him only if he had an electric car or had ordered one.

They told him they're snowed under with this fuse upgrade work on these old housing stock which is the norm in this neck o the woods.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote