Thread: Electric cars
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2021, 12:37   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, Astra Techline Estate and Corsa 1.2 SXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I guess that the reason why there are so many emergency and rescue agency workers/volunteers is because the world is also full of irresponsible and selfish human beings.---

I could prove this point with a photograph taken whilst walking on a Welsh mountain 2 years ago. I met four teenagers at the top - two boys and two girls.

I was fully kitted out in waterproof gear and carried a map, hiking GPS, food, two flasks of hot drinks etc. Of the teenagers, one girl was in torn jeans (modern fashion type) and the other in a tight miniskirt and slippers. They looked the part but were not dressed for even moderate hill walking. Imagine if the weather had turned, which it can easily do on a mountain.

I did take a photograph with a telephoto lens when they were a sufficient distance away to show my teenagers how not to dress for a hill walk but will not post it up in order not to incriminate myself. The photograph was taken purely for educational purposes, Me Lord.

I would most certainly categorise driving 80 or 100 miles after a storm with live advice to avoid travel as being irresponsible. Unless of course it is to Barnard Castle to check eyesight during travel restrictions.

Last edited by MSS; 6th December 2021 at 12:42..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote