Thread: Horn issue
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2021, 13:28   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
I'm not sure if that sounds like a factory set up as even the single horn from the factory had the proper connectors so may have been a retrofit before you got the car??
I does sounds like the existing connections may have corroded again , so your horns 'may' be ok just need fresh connectors and maybe some wire depending on how badly they have corroded.
To test your new horns could just try some spare wires from a car battery direct to the connections on the horns themselves and that should work ok.
Thanks. It's a Contemporary SE HiLine saloon with more or less every bell and whistle so I think twin-tone horns were 'standard' fit - maybe someone could clarify.
The existing link loom looks OEM as do the two Hella horns (although the O/S horn mounting bracket has the little anti-twist feature, the N/S is just a flat plate - my pair of Hella standby horns both have the anti-twist feature). I'll try 12V across the connector pins...
MGR, I also have an identical spec. 2004 Contemporary SE HiLine tourer that left the factory just 4 weeks later than the saloon - it only has a single horn!!
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote