older not wiser

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
There are just 2 types of headlight fitted to the facelift Mark 2 car:

A) Standard Halogen lamps with Projector Lenses, or

B) Xenon HID gas discharge lamps.

The latter were an optional extra, for your car, and the way to check is easy:

1) Look at the headlamp lens, if it has the words "Xenon Technology" written inside the glass then they are True Gas Discharge HID Xenon Headlamps, the non Xenon Projector type look exactly the same, but no writing.

Additionally, take a look inside at your Light Switch Module Switchpack.

If your car has True Xenon Headlamps, you won't have a dial to the right for manual leveling. Part of the spec of the Xenon HID's is that they are self leveling.

If however your switchpack does have a knob to manually adjust the headlamp level like this picture, then you only have standard Halogen headlamps (which may or may not have Projector lenses that conatin Blue Vision H7 bulbs).

Hope that helps

Bit of a thread ressurection...

Recently bought a CDTi tourer (2005) and bit unsure of the lights.
The headlight housing has the Xenon Technology lettering BUT my LSM has the headlight levelling dial. I struggle to post pictures up to the forum and can only say the rear of the headlight - projector side - has no rubber cap.
As I'm not aware of T4 local to me I connected TOAF to get an idea of the condition of the car and the LSM is not original...

The dipped beam works but is very poor. Can anybody explain the best way to proceed please- thanks in advance.

EDIT 23/12/21 - And started (and followed up in) a new thread https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=315493

Last edited by bigblue75; 23rd December 2021 at 09:48.. Reason: "forum use housekeeping"
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote