View Single Post
Old 20th March 2021, 18:44   #158462
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Where we used to live was a cul de sac within a no through road estate, the female partner of our neighbour was like parking gestapo! There were three spaces directly in front of the houses and ample parking in an area at the end. She regarded one of the spots directly in front of the houses as hers . . . . they were actually dedicated visitor parking but if they couldn't get into "their" spot which meant a minimal walk to their front door she was furious. If they had to park in one of the spaces at the end of the cul de sac she'd storm into the house, come out and actually photograph the cars occupying the spaces in front of the houses. Mind you she was an inconsiderate idiot, ripped into an elderly neighbour's daughter for taking up a parking space while visiting her parents New neighbours move in next door to them, the guy came home one day to find a note through his letterbox. He thought, oh, a welcome note from a neighbour, it wasn't. It was a note from her, "don't lean your bike against my fence"! The guy was all for going round and getting torn into her but his wife calmed him down.

I was helping a mate by driving one of his taxis off and on for a while, because the taxi sometimes sat outside the house she reported me to the council for running a business from home! Robin, the guy, was ok when he first moved in, when she moved in with him she managed to alienate everybody else in what had been a friendly wee cul de sac. I wasn't sorry when we moved here after my parents passed away.
We had bother with our previous neighbours' visitors. Our drives are next to each other and the husband used to park his work van at the edge of their drive on the road,any visitors they had would park across their drive thus blocking ours. I had to ask them to shift several times so I could get out .I got peed off with it and had a quiet word with him and politely asked him to ask his visitors to keep my drive clear as sometimes I was on standby for the coaches.
It lasted for a while then started again,one day I was tinkering with the car on our drive and one of her relatives turned up as ND proceeded to block out drive,upon seeing me he thought better of it and reversed back in front of our house ,that was too far for him to walk so he screeched off down the road at stupid speed span round the roundabout and raced back up the road and pulled up with a fag paper width of the back of the van. He got out of the car and flashed an angry look towards me,then proceeded to get his child out of the back. Driving like an idiot with a toddler in the back just because he had to walk another 5 ft. What a complete a hole, I was glad when they moved. The neighbours were actually pleasant young couple it was their visitors that were lazy gets.