View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 06:09   #24
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Yep just got through the 3+ hours: very good indeed - what an enormous amount of work involved. I thought it was interesting for what was NOT filmed, ie no examination of the Phoenix debacle - what happened to the money - maybe legal inhibitions lurking. Just one sentence slipped in about the Facelift - no discussion, unless I missed it - on why and whether it was thought to be an improvement (I often see one, or rather recognise it as a R75 when it's gone past). I would have liked someone to have asked who thought it was a good idea to put the ECU in the plenum? And I didn't see any mention of why the diesel was detuned to 130HP - and also would have been illuminating to have had input from BigRuss and MarinaBrian on their cracking of the codes . . .

I do hope some way is found by The Mods to highlight this excellent DVD to new members or a permanent sticky on the Forum somewhere so this doesn't get forgotten and overlooked.
Maybe those questions could be asked at a later date as we would all like to know those answers plus a few more.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote