View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2020, 19:13   #186
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPlews View Post
Previously it was the standard one (92C I believe) and it would sit at about that cruising on a long run.
That's about right for the OEM buff version. The nominal setting is 88C, but that's basically the trip point. The 88C stats will always make the running a few degrees higher in the petrol engines. Note that this particular stat is stamped 82C internally even though the MGR spec was 88C. Confused? You will be if you carry on.

Quote:
I was aiming to take that down a bit - but it seems to have gone up a bit!
PRTs are a dog's dinner these days. I couldn't guess what the 'colour' is now supposed to tell you. Fifteen years ago, yes, but not now.

Quote:
I’m wondering if it’s the spring not giving relief. It will idle ok in the 90s-low 100s. No huge rush to put the fan on.
I've regularly commented over the last few years, the 'relief' spring tension now means nothing to anybody - and I suspect that applies to the manufaturers as well.

Quote:
Going to swap it back. Best way to find out.
Back at square one, at least you know what you've got. If I had any confidence in today's PRT suppliers, I'd suggest looking at what the Lotus K16 people recommend, the grey one. The problem I found, is which grey one?

Have a read through this. It's the closest you'll get to anything sensible. But also consider they've changed their minds a couple of times since the first edition. It's also had a lot of good earlier information deleted.

https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Pressure_Re...ote_Thermostat

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 3rd October 2020 at 19:28..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote