View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 20:20   #8
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Thing are very strange at the moment.
We buried our Aunt on Thursday and have not even got the death certificate, which I thought you had to have one before a burial.
She was riddled with cancer, and in hospital 9 weeks ago was going to have a biopsy, but they decided it was a waste of time as it had spread aggressively. For me tho the really sad bit was , on her notes it said 'do not resuscitate ' which was not what she wanted because we had talked about this the day before.
I was always under the impression that the NHS was to try and save lives even if they are really poorly, but guess that's not the case....
Gary, So sorry to hear of your loss but a DNR is the normal case that when someone has an advanced terminal disease and there is a likelihood of cardiac or respiratory failure as it gets close to its conclusion. The process and outcome of any resuscitation is likely to cause more harm, physical injury and suffering with very little chance of prolonging life beyond hours or days. In these instances a DNR is authorised by the overseeing consultant. This is normally done in with discussion with the immediate next of kin. As I said normally this is the case but in these difficult times it probably is not always 100% possible and it is then left down to the clinical decision. Hard to accept but in terminal cases the NHS work hard to minimise any pain, suffering and/or anxiety and try to comfort the patient in their final hours. I know this doesn't make the fact any easier to bear the pain of loss. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo.P6 View Post
We didnt get a death certificate either.just a weird statement of death from the coroner so we could bury Simon
Tim, don’t want to tell you how to suck eggs but the normal process upon the death of a person is that a medical certificate is issued by the GP or hospital doctor confirming the death and cause which needs to be taken to the local Registrar to register the death within 5 days. You’ll then get the documents from the Registrar that you need for the funeral which Includes a certificate giving permission for burial or cremation (known as the green form).

If the cause of death was unknown, sudden or unexplained as in Simons case it will have been reported direct to the coroner. The coroner will give you the documents you need for the funeral or they’ll send them direct to the registrar who'll register the death and issue the appropriate forms.

If you haven’t had a death certificate I would contact the registrar for advice as they can provide copies which you or whoever is the executor will need to notify banks, pension providers and dept of work and pensions etc, etc.

Hope this helps.

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote