View Single Post
Old 6th April 2020, 18:51   #6
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
a little more digging, it was registered to a Red Austin Metro City X.

Checked on some HPI check sites, 1 identified that the reg belongs to a Austin Metro, but the others all say reg no found could that mean it's been scrapped?
Be a little cautious how you proceed. I tried to buy MU55ANG from the DVLA but through an agent in 2005. I was quoted just shy of £400. I then got a another call from another individual while I was 'thinking' about it to say they had bought the registration and it would cost me £900 plus VAT if I wanted it. I called back the number to buy and was then told it had been sold. The next owner wanted £3500 and that was in 2005, so I walked away and settled for the plate on the vehicle SN55 JPJ. I guess someone else paid as they never got back to me!
I still have no idea how my telephone number got passed around and felt I was definitely being manipulated into buying at a high price.
Just recently however I managed to find MG53ANG on a trader's site for just under £600 which is now on my V8 ZT, but I suspect if some traders detect you really want something, they may try to beat you to it and the price goes up. I'd present a laundry list of 20 possible numbers if you end up dealing with a trader and get quoted for all of them so no-one knows the one you really want. Very best of luck finding a plate that suits. You probably already know that any reg can't make the car look younger than it actually is.

Last edited by edwardmk; 6th April 2020 at 18:52.. Reason: spelling
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote