Old 23rd March 2020, 18:12   #151557
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Greetings from Africa Rod

I see it as a form of denial, it is how people cope in desperate times. It will take a shock like something happening to them at a personal level before it hits them hard enough to make those changes similar to what Angela and yourself are having to do, Julien and Dawn. Who else is enduring self isolation for 12 weeks?

Today, I had to go to buy medication from the Khrishna Pharmacy in Nairobi. There was a young woman who came in to ask if she could buy Chloroquine an anti-malarial, which has been shown to reduce the amount of mucus in the back of the throat during an infection of Covid-19. The pharmacist showed her the tablets, a strip of 20 costing around £25 for the strip. She burst into tears screaming she would have to ring someone about buying it or not, she was hysterical and ran out of the pharmacy. When my order was completed, we went home. We will be staying on the farm, we have food, drink and fresh air

A lovely day here, hot and bright sunshine. ...

the garden and forest Nairobi

by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr

How are you coping with the self isolation?
Good Evening to you both, hope the pair of you are keeping safe under the current circumstances, absolute bedlam here can’t believe there are such a load of selfish people can’t get bread or milk for love or money.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote