View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 08:37   #28
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I've asked May if she received an invoice for the check-up or service that was done when she was first there. Some garages would specify quantities esp if it was more than just topping-up, no reply on that.

I've also suggested in the meeting today that she ask how much coolant they filled and show her the level they fitted it to on the expansion tank (without telling them about the max indicator).

OK we don't know the oil level nor do we know how much coolant, but I understood that the garage admitted overfilling the oil and they added coolant. And the next day the car, for the first time, overheated and evidence of a leak into no.2 was found - bit too much for mere coincidence, isn't it?

Regards
Coincidence or not, hard to tell. At least we do not know the fluid levels. But yes, they did something with the car and the car failed. But taking the high oil consumption into account would maybe tell that the engine was not healthy in the first place, but this may not need to be related to this failure.
All in all, hard to draw any conclusions, but if the coolant was severe overfilled and the pressure cap not able to handle the fluid flow, this would over pressure the coolant system and make the water find new ways out like through the inlet manifold gasket for example.

Last edited by beinet1; 24th February 2020 at 13:18..
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote