View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 20:45   #6
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewl View Post
Hi

I recently acquired a zt-t that he been off the road for several years. I gave it a full service and changed the tyres, discs and pads and it went through the MOT OK. However I noticed whilst driving the back end felt a bit skittish when going over manholes /bumps etc. I thought maybe the brakes binding or something like that but no. I went over some mud in road and it felt very unstable at the back even at slow speeds. Something I’ve never felt in any other car. So I know something is not quite right! I took it back to the garage and got the 4 wheels aligned. But they said they were only able to adjust the fronts. I can’t quite remember why they couldn’t do the back but they said it couldn’t be done. Fast forward a couple of months and about 1000 miles and both rear tyres are very close the legal limit on the outer edges. Inside edges are a bit better but still worn a lot. Front tyres are still like new. I’ve attached the two print outs from the alignment.

Any thoughts? I searched and saw a common issue is the bearing not being seated correctly. Would this still be an issue after the alignment. Can the rear toe be adjusted?

Thanks

Let me check tomorrow and I will get back to you about rear adjustment, sure there have a play with I was done on mine, around ten o'clock I will try post