View Single Post
Old 31st January 2020, 10:29   #22
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
Cheers only thing I wondered was, if the switch is held on, wouldn't the little red light stay on too?

Would have thought so, sorry can't really remember. I've fitted many to Swedish owners' keys, but only after trial fitting them first - and returning some to eBay sellers.

Anyway, happy to replace the case. Can I actually move my blade to one of those, and save taking out a 2nd mortgage with Timpson's to get another one cut?
Red light - yes would have thought so, sorry can't really remember. I've fitted many to Swedish owners' keys, but only after trial fitting them first - (and returning some to eBay sellers)

Yes, quite easy, Brian's tea method works well: prepare two cups with boiling water, one for yourself and one for the part with the blade. Make your tea, immerse the key blade part in the other cup. By the time you've finished the blade and holder will usually pull out of the case. Sometimes if they've been glued it's more difficult, I then usually cut the softer plastic case away from the harder plastic blade holder.

Good luck

Last edited by vitesse; 31st January 2020 at 10:31.. Reason: Layout
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote