View Single Post
Old 27th January 2020, 18:43   #23
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannage View Post
well, another update, and this time not good. I found the source of the damp...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgN7ZTAyXwQ

there's no way the dealer wasn't aware of this. I think the strategic mats show that. Have to say I feel duped and stupid for not checking this before buying.

I have no idea where to start with this. Is it worth asking the dealer to fix it or should we just go for a refund and find another one?
oh that's more than damp , that is definitely not good, the leaking sunroof drains are most likely the cause of this. Was the carpet already cut as this is a one piece affair for which you have to take the whole interior out to remove.

I'm not totally sure where you stand, second hand goods still have to be fit for purpose, and I think you could argue that it clearly wasn't when you looked at it - the mould was a clear sign, it must smell awfully damp as well?

It's fixable, but your looking at having to remove the seats etc then to remove the carpet and it will never dry, plus someone's sliced it into pieces.

Personally I wouldn't touch the car, sounds like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one given the other things you have found wrong with it. I certainly wouldn't be paying that price for a car in that condition.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote