Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 20th January 2020, 15:39   #38
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Thumbs up Piston and Rod Assemblies arrived this after noon.

The Piston and Connecting-Rod Assemblies arrived from Redman's this afternoon. I can now make plans regarding reassembly. Looks OK. There are a few minor marks on the Pistons Skirts where they have been gripped and held during the reassembly operation. I will use some fine grade wet and dry to clean those few marks up.

I sent the new Piston Rings but they returned their box unopened. Redman's service included removal of the old Pistons which I see as good value overall. However, that had already been done.

Obvious where the Oil Ring goes and the other two slots show different widths so should be easy to see which goes where.

I did a search on the web using the number on the Cylinder Liners. That pulled up some search results but nothing conclusive to indicate the Brand/s involved. However, trawling through a vast number of K-Series Liner images on the web, I spotted one liner in identical wrapping material and method to those Liners as part of the kit I bought. These had a Box with Brand name in the image. When assembling the Kit for shipping, the Brand Boxes were possibly discarded by the looks of things...
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote